You got it! Dinner in 30 minutes is actually possible. A famous Food Network celebrity had an entire show dedicated to it. The concept is a good one as it leaves no excuse to prepare a solid meal. No need to order out and or make an unhealthy food choice; this time, you are in control and going to eat healthy
Here is a nice, relatively light meal that quick to make, healthy and a great meal for us cyclist. Packed with healthy carbs, lots of greens, and plenty of protein, this meal is a favorite post-rde, early evening recovery choice in our kitchen.
Small Yukon Gold Potatoes
Chard or Kale
Favorite Portion of Fish
Spanish Smoked Paprika (Pimenton)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - XVO
Salt & Pepper
For the potatoes
- Set your oven at 375 degrees and on the convection setting.
- Slice the potatoes about 1/4 “ thin slices.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and the paprika. A few shakes of dried rosemary always works nicely too if you have it.
- Arrange on a baking sheet or a casserole dish fanned out. This will allow for a faster cook time.
- In the oven they go. 30 minutes or till tender
For the Greens
- • Wash the greens thoroughly and shake dry.
- • Cut about 1 inch off the bottoms and discard.
- • Slice the greens into ½ inch pieces.
- • In a large sautee pan combine olive oil and the garlic which you have already slivered very thin.
- • Bring up to medium heat in order to “lightly toast” the garlic.
- • Add a sprinkle of chili flake.
- • Add the greens to the pan and stir to coat.
- • Add seasoning to taste and stir to incorporate.
- • A quick splash of water and a lid to cover expedites the braising process at this point.
- • Check your heat and turn down slightly as need.
For the the fish
- • Season with salt and pepper on the flesh side only.
- • Prepare a blue steel pan or a non stick pan will work.
- • Burner on high-preheat the pan.
- • Once hot, add a drizzle of oil and lay the seasoned side of the fish down first. Taking care not to splash and burn ones self.
- • Allow to cook for 3 minutes and carefully turn the fish to the other side.
- • Adjust temp of burner at this point if needed and allow fish to cook through.
- Arrange the potatoes, greens and fish on the plate however your creative self feels is appropriate.
- Drizzle with a little XVO and perhaps a squeeze of Meyer Lemon as they are in season now.
- Eat and Enjoy!
There you have it. A simple, easy preparation, quick cook time and healthy, satisfying meal all rolled into one.