- WHAT'S HOT
- MILL VALLEY SHOP
- OUR FIT STUDIO
- TRIPS, BLOGS, PIX
STUDIO VELO'S 2013 NORTHERN CALIFORNIA COAST RIDE -- SOLD OUT
For 2013 Studio Velo brings you another world-class, fully supported California Coast Ride, this time to the Northern reaches of California. We will ride over 300 miles from Ferndale to Mill Valley, taking in the remote Lost Coast, followed by the Avenue of the Giants, then onto some of California's lovely coast line. The April 19th-21st edition promises to bring another challenging and adventurous cycling experience. For 3 days, we have again secured premiere accommodations for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and have the SV: Gourmet team on hand to provide meals and support along the way.
The trip is NOT EASY, yet with ample prepation, lots of miles of pre-trip riding, it is a wonderful way to launch into your spring/summer fitness program, perfect training for the racing season, or simple experience some of the best cycling in California. We will have two SAG vehicles so all riders will have support all along the way and shoud feel comfortable riding at your own pace.
Plan on riding +/- 100 miles per day over 3 days. On Thursday night, April 18th, we will shuttle everyone up to Garberville, where we will spend the night before heading up to the start in Ferndale on Friday am. After a casual start, awaiting a few riders coming up Friday am, we will attack the incredible and mysterious Lost Coast of California, finishing through the famed Avenue of the Giants, followed by two days down the Northern California Coast, arriving in Mill Valley on day 3. If you have done the southern version with us, you will be most impressed with what Northern California has to offer. Much more remote, quite a bit more climbing but extremely more rewarding.
Day 1: 96 Miles - 9,200 feet climbing.
Day 2: 125 Miles - 9,600 feet of climbing.
Day 3: 110 Miles - 7,500 +/- feet of climbing*
*Final Route into Mill Valley TBD.
Included in the trip will be:
• Full SAG (support and gear) throughout the riding trip with at least one vehicle following the group as sweep at all times.
• Transportation to the ride start on Thursday or Friday am.
• Full luggage transfer each day, with daily support bags carried by SAG vehicles.
• A roadside lunch on all 3 days, with Barbeque at Studio Velo at Finish on Day 3.
• Mechanical assistance and all necessary bicycle supplies and materials for carefree riding.
• Welcome packet with all routes, maps, FAQ’s, planning logistics and other information.
• Custom designed Studio Velo Northern Coast T-Shirt.
• Preferred rates and room blocks at host hotels, with assistance in pairing participants for sharing hotel rooms.
The cost of your daily hotels are not incuded in the ride fee. Hotel must be paid for by each rider, shared and single rooms. Studio Velo has secured hotel bookings for Thurday, Friday and Saturday night. Approximate cost per person is between $60-80 per night, including all taxes.
IMPORTANT PERSONAL EXPECTATIONS AND LOGISTICS:
• This is a “ride at your own pace” adventure. While we will make every attempt to guide and support as many riders as possible, each participant is responsible for knowing the route. We highly encourage participants to ride with a group of their own level (we will have multiple groups form on this ride), but it is important to recognize this is not a coached event with a no-drop policy.
• Participants are responsible for their own accommodations and meal costs, excluding the hosted lunches.
• The trip starts and ends at Studio Velo in Mill Valley. The bus ride up to Ferndale is included in the cost of the trip.
• Due to the lodging and staff requirements for this trip, any and all refunds are limited to 75% credit towards a future trip up until 30 days before the trip dates. Within 30 days of the trip's departure date, there will be no credit or refund, including the cost of lodging. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Please email email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
Contact Studio Velo about this product