OUR FIT STUDIO
Fit is the most important dynamic between any rider and bike. It is a completely different experience when your bicycle becomes an extension of your body.
The philosophy at Studio Velo is that your body is unique; therefore, your bike fit will also be unique. This is fundamental to how our professional bike fitters approach each and every bicycle fitting. We all have different goals and riding styles, but our fitters believe one thing holds true for every rider: your best efforts in the saddle happen when you take the time to get the best bike fit.
Please review the options outlined below and select the service that is right for you.
We look forward to working with you!
NEW BIKE FIT & CONSULTATION PRICE:
$350 **Refunded in full on purchases over $3000** DURATION: 3 hours
With hundreds of brands and numerous models of bikes available, making the right choice can be a very difficult and daunting task. An incorrect purchase can result in you wasting your money on an inappropriate or ill-fitting bike, and the long-term effects could lead to injury. The needs of different types of cyclists, riding at different levels and in different events necessitates an individual approach to bike choice, something you don’t often get at traditional retail outlets. Once we have undertaken our initial bike fit assessment we then take you through the range of sizes, geometries and brands of bike that will best suit your needs.
- Rider Interview — we discuss your injury history, physical complaints while riding, riding experience and goals.
- Measurement — one of the tools we use is a Retül Müve jig to calculate your optimum position. Our expert interpretation of this data enables us to identify the best bike for your individual needs.
- Postural and Movement Assessment — we identify any tightness, weaknesses or structural asymmetries. This may highlight further areas that can be improved with dedicated physiotherapy, pedaling technique or cycling strength and conditioning sessions.
- Additional Positions Assessment— we assess and adjust the cleat position, footbeds; shoes size and shape, saddle position, handlebar and grip position.
- Model Recommendations — at the end of the fit we will recommend specific models which will best suit you and your riding style, and any adaptations required to make them fit perfectly.
- Credited Cost — you can use the fit measurements to buy a bike anywhere, but the price of the fit will be credited in full if you subsequently order a bike from Studio Velo.
- Personalized Adjustments — when you buy your bike from us we will make all the necessary adjustments to ensure it fits you perfectly as per our fit analysis, including swapping the stock stem, seat post, handlebars and saddle for the ideal size, if required, at no extra charge.
- Ongoing Support — the cost covers the initial in-store session, plus unlimited email/phone, support.
BIKE FIT (Your Current Bike)
PRICE: $295 DURATION: 2 hours
A proper bike fit is one of the single most important factors for optimal performance and efficiency, injury prevention, and comfort on the bike. It provides the rider with the most economic means of expending energy, and it also helps prevent pain that is common in the knee, hip, and lower back, particularly with riders who are trying to adapt their bodies to the bike they already have purchased. Studio Velo offers the Retül system, which reads the rider’s movements while they are in motion on the bike and accounts for all three planes of physical movement (3D). This type of data cannot accurately be captured with 2D video, static fitting, or fitting by “eye.” The result is that the rider will have a true fit to his or her bike, maximizing efficiency and performance while avoiding discomfort or injury. Our bike fitters will perform these steps:
- Rider Interview — we discuss with you your injury history, physical complaints while riding, riding experience and your cycling goals.
- Measurement — we measure your current position to know where we started and record the body angles, posture and pedaling technique.
- Postural and Movement Assessment — we identify any tightness, weaknesses or structural asymmetries. This may highlight further areas that can be improved with dedicated physiotherapy, pedaling technique, or cycling strength and conditioning sessions.
- Additional Positions Assessment — assess and adjust the cleat position, footbeds, shoe size and shape, saddle position, handlebar and grip position.
- Retül Zinn scan — at the conclusion of your fit session, the final position is scanned with the Retül Zinn tool and a PDF document with the measurements is produced for you to keep.
- Adjustments and advice — if you need to change your bars, stem, seat post, saddle or any other components to achieve the perfect position we will advise you on the most suitable options.
BASIC BIKE FIT (Static fit on your current bike)
PRICE: $225 DURATION: 1 hour
A basic, but professional evaluation of your current bike, looking at all major contact point on the bike. This fit is for the rider who is looking for a more basic, but important evaluation. This fit is done on your current bike.
CUSTOM INSOLES (Includes insoles)
PRICE: $200 DURATION: 30 MINUTES
Using custom footbeds (insoles) can be a beneficial way to produce maximum power at the pedals and ease or eliminate problems such as hotfoot on longer duration rides. We will assess whether you would benefit from custom footbeds as part of the bike fit process. But we also offer this as a separate, stand-alone service. A footbed fitting session comes complete with one set of footbeds, including assessment, molding and fitting. Your footbeds will be ready to take away at the end of the session. Please bring your shoes to ensure a perfect fit.
SHIMANO CUSTOM SHOE MOLDING
PRICE: $100 DURATION: 45 MINUTES
This in-house, custom shoe molding is designed specifically for Shimano shoes, utilizing their thermo molding, vacuum forming technology